Medicine for European Travel
Medicine for European Travel is an intensive one-day seminar specifically designed for teachers and school staff who are supervising students on European excursions whatever their purpose, be they sport or adventure oriented such as ski trips and rugby tours or curriculum lead field trips. We aim to equip teachers with more than first aid knowledge and to empower them to manage a range of medical issues.
Outline Programme & Topics Covered
- Aims of the course
- Legal considerations when treating pupils on a school trip
- Important medical conditions
- Diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, anaphylaxis
- Diarrhoea and sickness
- Headache and fever
- Psychological problems
- History taking and vital signs
- ABC assessment – scenario based teaching
- Moving and lifting patients
- CPR revision
- Head injuries and fractures
- Sport-related injuries
- Final questions/close
WMT has now run this programme 10 times with Bristol Grammar School and we’re sure our client would be happy to discuss the benefits the school’s teachers, pupils and parents derive from their WMT training. This seminar can be run on a bespoke basis for individual schools or teaching training conferences.
Please email WMT via the contact page to discuss your requirements.