Much of WMT’s work is running private courses on a contract basis for companies and organisations.
We’ve recently worked Cardiff International Whitewater, UCL, Bristol University, Golder, the BBC, Cicada Productions, several universities (including Cambridge, Hull, Sheffield and Leicester), London Zoo, Bristol Grammar School, King Edward VI School (Southampton), CASP, World Challenge Expeditions and the Royal Geographical Society. We’ve travelled as far as Singapore to work with United World College.
WMT can deliver a private programme for your expedition, university, company or organisation that is:
- cost effective (held local so you save on meals/accommodation)
- convenient – delivered where and when you want it
- customised to your needs, activities and destination (great team building too)
- one stop shopping; we’ll teach you what you need to know based on where you’re going and doing and we’ll advise you what medical equipment to take and arrange for you to purchase this, including prescription items
- private – so you can discuss your organisation’s issues openly
Here are some examples of recent engagements:
- 1 to 1 private advanced invasive training for an overland driver who completed Far Far Help
- 3 days of advanced training for a couple embarking on a global adventure trekking and diving tour in all environments
- Far From Help training for field staff at London Zoo (4 courses)
- Far From Help training for researchers at the University of Hull
- 3 days of advanced training for geological field researchers from CASP
- 3 days of advanced training for ex-special forces close protection/Iraq security personnel
- 3 days of advanced invasive training for Cicada Productions film crews
- 2 days of advanced training for the crew of the BBC’s Frozen Planet and Human Planet productions
- 1-day Medicine for European Travel seminar for Bristol Grammar School teachers (repeat event)
- 1-day Preparing for Gap Travel 6th form seminar for King Edward VI School (repeat event)
Whether you are an individual, have a group to train or want to offer an internal bespoke course that individuals can sign up to (like the universities do), WMT will deliver a first class, relevant programme.
To discuss your needs please contact WMT.
Private Course Feedback – “exactly hit the spot”
More nice feedback:
The Zoological Society of London is a conservation charity with fieldworkers in remote and inaccessible parts of the world. Because of this, we need our staff and volunteers to have the very best training to minimize risk and to give them the skills to deal with situations that might arise. We tried WMT on the basis of a personal recommendation and they certainly delivered!
WMT put together a bespoke course so that our staff could train together and receive training specific to their needs. This also helped us to keep the cost down per head as we could use our own venue. We have now run four courses and we would recommend WMT to any remote traveller; the training was excellent in terms of the standard of training and the style of delivery. Our staff are now equipped to a standard we are proud of.
Dr Tom Hart, Penguinologist
Just to say that were all delighted with the course you did for us this week and to thank you all for 2 excellent days which, as Magnus, one of the participants, said “exactly hit the spot”. I am sure all the candidates got a great deal from the course and will feel much more confident in dealing with health problems whilst out in the field in future. I shall be recommending your company to other university safety colleagues when we have our annual conference in April. I hope we can do business with you again in the future,
University of Leicester
Note: this tab is a drop down menu that might not be supported by older browsers. You can find links to all the related pages in the footer below.